Taehwatrans TSP series, busbar split core CTs, provide 5A or 1A secondary outputs for electric meters. The current transformer design for these current transformers is such that they can convert an AC input current of up to several thousands of amperes into an output of 5A or 1A depending on customer requirements. Specifically, the TSP160 haves a variety of options for amperage rating, with the largest being 5,000 amperes. To accommodate the relative large conductors, it has a 160mm opening. AC current sensors like this one are best used on electrical installations that are already in place. This is because they can simply be snapped around the existing conductor for extra safety. The major application is a power metering to be connected with the commercial & industrial meters in distribution network and panel board.
- Power distribution line monitoring in Retrofit
- Three phase balance control
- Building & Factory energy management
- Panel board monitoring
- 5A & 1A secondary current to be measured by commercial & industrial meters
- Current rating 5A-2,500A
- 0.5S-1.0 class accuracy compliant to IEC61869-2
- Hi-Potential voltage: Minimum 4KV per min.
- Rigid housing case with UL 94-0 plastic
- M4 terminal output